I have been playing with linkages, for reasons, and I have come across an amazing number of resources:
- First and formost, Forceeffect Motion by Autodesk. This is a fun little simulation tool that makes scratching out linkages fairly easy and fun.
- Various Atlases (Atli? Atlae?) of Linkages : http://www.saltire.com/LinkageAtlas/Crank%20Slider.html , http://www.cedarville.edu/cf/engineering/kinematics/ccapdf/fccca.htm
- Design of Machinery the textbook for Mech
- How to Draw a Straight Line from 1877!!!!
- A Mech Class
- KINEMATICS OF MECHANISMS FROM THE TIME OF WATT 1962
- And videos explaining
And, unrelated, work with gear reduction and electric motors